Fall hook, line and sinker for our brand new Fish Bowl!
There’s a new bowl in town and it’s fish-ure going to make a splash on your pupper’s taste buds. A favourite of many Aussie dogs, we are so excited to add this highly requested protein to our line-up – that’s right, we now have fish!
Meet our Fancy Fetchin’ Fish Bowl!
The sixth recipe in our line-up, our brand new recipe is hypoallergenic, easy to digest and offers puppers yet another nutritionally-rich bowl of goodness.
Our new Fish Bowl is ideal for dogs with:
- Tummy and skin sensitivities
- Digestive issues
- Mobility concerns
- Mild pancreatitis
Time to get schooled on fish
Dogs can eat fish and fish is a great choice for most puppers, including seniors and puppies. Like our other signature recipes, our Fancy Fetchin’ Fish Bowl has been curated by our co-founder and in-house, Integrative Vet, Dr. Matthew Muir, alongside a team of Board Certified Veterinary Nutritionists.
- Fish is an excellent source of amino acids and vitamin B12, which are essential for brain health and digestive function.
- Fish contains a healthy dose of niacin, which is used to turn food into energy and keep your pup’s nervous and digestive systems in tip-top shape.
- Fish contains essential fatty acids such as Omega 3 and Omega 6, which are vital for healthy skin and coat, brain development, immunity, reducing inflammation, as well as supporting heart and kidney health.
- As a protein, fish has an altered metabolism and lower glycaemic index compared with other types of proteins.
- Research has even shown that fish has a higher satiety level than other proteins, so will help to keep your pup full for a longer period of time.
We’ve got brand new ingredients
We’re mixing things up with our Fancy Fetchin’ Fish Bowl and have added some dog-approved, drool-worthy new ingredients to our line-up:
- Bursting with omega-3 fatty acids for optimal cardiovascular function, and to help maintain a healthy coat, skin and joints – we keep the skin on for the most benefits!
- Low in mercury, it’s safe for puppies, pregnant and lactating puppers, and seniors alike.
- High in protein, which is essential for the growth and repairs of cells, muscles and tissue.
- Brimming with essential vitamins, minerals, dietary fibre, and potassium.
- Assist in boosting immunity and may help fight cancerous cells.
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties to help the cardiovascular system function at its best.
- Jam-packed with antioxidants for your pupper’s general health and wellbeing.
- Contains sulforaphane, a plant-based compound to help reduce inflammation.
- Choline is naturally-occurring in bok choy, and is known to boost brain and memory function and help your pupper sleep.
- High in prebiotic fibre, which is ideal for constipated puppers or those who suffer from digestive issues. Don’t worry, we use just the right amount to avoid excess gassiness!
Red sweet potato
- A low GI carbohydrate that doesn’t cause the same sugar spikes as its yellow cousin.
- Packed with fibre to keep your pup’s poops regular!
- Rich in antioxidants such as anthocyanin, to help reduce oxidative stress.
- We’ve added Vitamin B2 as a standalone ingredient for the first time into our Fancy Fetchin’ Fish Bowl, to help ensure your pupper has enough bioavailability of this powerhouse vitamin.
- Also known as Riboflavin, it helps your pupper absorb other important vitamins and minerals.
- Helps to efficiently metabolise macronutrients such as fat, protein and carbohydrates.
So, why blue grenadier instead of salmon?
We’re glad you asked! Otherwise known as hoki, we love and use blue grenadier because it’s:
- Fast-growing and has one of the best absorption and bioavailability rates.
- Sourced sustainably unlike salmon, which is often sourced using unsustainable farming practices.
- Super low in fat and easily digestible, with one of the highest levels of Omega-3s.
- A low toxin species with a low mercury profile, meaning it doesn’t accumulate heavy metals and other toxins like polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB) or Dioxin like other species, including salmon.
Bursting with (even more!) goodness
Along with a bunch of new ingredients, our Fancy Fetchin’ Fish Bowl also contains a mix of vet-approved classics for dogs to enjoy, which include:
- Cauliflower: Rich in Vitamins C and K for cardiovascular health and cell function.
- Carrots: Packed full of Vitamin A and beta-carotene, they help with everything from eye and dental health, to poos and digestion!
- Coconut: Contains ant-inflammatory properties, antioxidants and lauric acid to support your pup’s immune system, metabolic function, as well as bone, skin and coat health.
- Safflower Oil: An Omega-6 fatty acid that is vital to your pupper’s cell function, immunity, growth, and skin and coat health.
- Flaxseed Oil: Great for combatting inflammation and assists with immunity, skin and kidney function.
- Kelp: High in iodine, protein and amino acids, it plays a significant role in energy production, dental hygiene and the overall function of your pupper’s body
Should you feed fish to your pupper?
Whilst fish is safe for most dogs and a great option for most, but we’d avoid our Fancy Fetchin’ Fish Bowl if:
- Your pup has a known allergy, sensitivity or intolerance to fish.
- Your pup has had an adverse reaction to blue grenadier or sardines.
We recommend going slow with our new Fish Bowl if you have a small breed puppy, or even an underweight or working dog that may need a higher fat content recipe, such as our Beef or Lamb Bowl, to ensure healthy and steady growth.
A great choice for our environmentally-conscious pack members
We love our planet as much as we love our puppers, so it’s imperative that we always source our ingredients as ethically and sustainably as absolutely possible.
- Our blue grenadier, sardines and anchovies (for fish oil!) are all humanely wild-caught, with each supplier following the national code of practice for ethical harvesting.
- Each supplier follows the most stringent production standards and is MSC-certified to ensure that the fish meets international best practice for sustainable fishing, and is free from potential bacteria, pathogens or other contaminants.
Is your pupper ready to get fancy and chow down on our new Fish Bowl?